The 2020 Tour de France has the potential to be one of the most exciting Tours in the recent years.
In terms of suspense, it is hard to beat 2019. It was a thriller until the final days… I am getting goose bumps just thinking about those moments when Julien Alaphilippe was trying to limit his losses on stage 19, when finally the stage was cancelled due to the hail and landslides. Wow! What a day that was…
The 2020 also offers a combination of factors that have the potential to create an open race with plenty of action.
- A historically strong Jumbo Visma that already in december announced their Tour de France team with Primoz Roglic, Tom Dumoulin and Steven Kruijswijk all having Grand Tour winner potential.
- Team Ineos with two of the latest Tour de France winners.
- A Tour de France route that has a very balanced route, with just one stage being over 200km. More suitable for a variety of riders – although with climbing prowess required.
- Just one individual time trial with a 6 km climb up the now legendary Planches des Belles Filles.
- Stage 18 has gravel roads on Plateau des Glières, the penultimate climb. Not all riders manage to ride gravel with the same efficiency, and the stage has potential to shake things up – especially this late in the race.
- Nice will host a fantastic debut for the tour with three stage departs. The first two stages of this Tour are starting and finishing in the city proper. The stages will have plenty of climbing offering prime locations to see the race close to Nice.
All in all, I think we can expect a Tour de France with quite a few surprises, and it will be difficult for big teams like Ineos to control the race.
As an official Tour de France tour operator we are exclusively able to offer VIP Access Packages along the race course. Imagine hanging out at the official Departure Village, riding the official race course and crossing the finish line, then taking your picture on the podium, flying in a helicopter to see the cyclists racing, and popping a bottle of Champagne on the finish line on the Champs-Elysées in Paris…
This year, Discover France has created an offering of 10 different Tour de France VIP cycling tours, ranging from short 3 days / 2 nights tours, to long 14 days tours following the race.
Our Tour Consultants are always available to discuss specific needs like pickups from airports, possible bike bag transfers, rental bike options, required fitness levels etc.
Feel free to contact us and see if our tours would be a good match.
Tour de France hospitality for big groups
If you have something specific in mind, or are looking for options for larger groups, you can email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Groups of 50-100 persons are not a problem, nor are corporate events with custom hospitality options.
Thank you for taking the time to read this far! We hope one of our 2020 Tour de France cycling & VIP holidays could be just what you are looking for.
To get more similar content to this, and get articles where we share our local expertise, subscribe to our newsletter below.